Are you a victim of a crime? Do you need help finding resources or maybe just someone to talk to? Someone to help you feel supported, heard and understood? We provide a free service that does just that. Our Crime Victim Advocate (CVA) is trained to assist victims of crime in the practical aspects of responding to criminal actions they have suffered. Our CVA can accompany you to police interviews, court, counseling offices, attorney’s offices etc. We can provide emotional support as well as help with filling out necessary forms and advising how to best protect you in the future. If you or someone you know is a victim of assault, robbery, property crime, identity theft, bullying, homicide (survivor of victim), kidnapping, hate crime, elder abuse, fraud or human trafficking, call our CVA at 662-7201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our CVA will walk you though the legal system, help you find a support group and anything else you might need to get back on your feet.
Typically, the role of an advocate may include:
- Providing information on victimization;
- Providing information on crime prevention;
- Providing information on victims’ legal rights and protections;
- Providing information on the criminal justice process;
- Providing emotional support to victims;
- Helping victims with safety planning;
- Helping victims with victim compensation applications;
- Helping victims submit comments to courts and parole boards;
- Intervening with creditors, landlords, and employers on behalf of victims;
- Helping victims find shelter and transportation;
- Providing referrals for other services for victims; and
- Notifying victims of inmates’ release or escape.
There is always help, and there is always hope.
Please check out the following links-
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft https://www.beaconhealthoptions.com/september-is-suicide-prevention-awareness-month/ https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Need Help Right Now?
- If you are in a state of emergency, if your safety or someone else’s safety is in immediate danger, call 911 right now
- Crisis Text Line: https://www.crisistextline.org/textline?gclid=CjwKCAiA0O7fBRASEiwAYI9QAjcOCAmArLi2fLY_oiWz5SCjGf8NuvWrFwnuUIg0qYOZ5iMxF4pktxoCOb8QAvD_BwE
- Suicide Hotline: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Resource Hotline: http://www.211.org/
- Perpetrator Release Tracker: https://www.vinelink.com/#/home
- Chelan County Jail Inmate List: https://www.co.chelan.wa.us/regional-jail/inmate-list